Tuesday 13 January 2009

Hello 2009




Well this is my first post for 2009 and I must say I'm very excited about what lies ahead. I'll soon be launching a new website and blog with a very different feel so make sure you keep posted!

Firstly I would like to thank all the wonderful people that I've had the pleasure of photographing over the past 12 months. It's wonderful to be invited into the lives of so many families - even if its for such a short time. I've photographed hundreds of families over the past few years and its amazing to see how different - yet wonderful they all are. Families really are a sacred place where you can be at your best or worst and are still unconditionally loved. I love this quote from Harriet Beecher Stowe

Home is a place not only of strong affections, but of entire unreserve; it is life's undress rehearsal, its backroom, its dressing room, from which we go forth to more careful and guarded intercourse."

This year I challenge you all to take more time out and enjoy the little things in life - spend more time with your families. Most people I know (myself included) are time poor, rushing around stressed trying to cram a million things into a day and forgetting about what really matters - friends and family. If I only had one day to live I know I wouldn't want to spend it behind my computer! What would you do?

Wishing you all lots of love, laughter and hugs for 2009!

xx

Leonie

PS. I've posted a few shots I took from my front verandah a couple of nights ago during a thunderstom.

All images Copyright Snowgum Studio 2009
Visit my website at www.snowgumstudio.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and taking the time to view my blog.

xox Leonie